Nepal Yoga Teacher Training
Additional 150 hours (to complete 500-Hour Standard)
Practice-Training Techniques (total 85 hours) 85 contact hours, 85 with Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher.
- Training in the techniques and practice of: Satkarma, Mudra-Bandha, Asanas, pranayamas, meditation.
- Understanding meditation, kriyas, chanting main principles
- Body alignment and its importance in yoga
- Includes progressive practice of traditional Yoga techniques with emphasis on asana, pranayama, kriya, bandha, mudra, chanting
- Yoga Nidra and relaxation techniques
- Process and models of meditation
- Developing practices integrating the various tools of yoga, developing practices focusing on specific needs of an individual/group.
- oga safety guidelines.
Contact hours in this category must be spent teaching in a yoga setting into which the student might be invited.
Teaching Methodology (10 hours) 10 contact hours with Experienced Registered Teacher.
- Principles of demonstration
- Principles observation
- Teaching styles,
- Qualities of a teacher,
- The student's process of learning
- Setting up classes.
- Communication skills
- Principal of assisting and correcting
- Learning to observe, demonstrate, motivate, be inclusive and adapt to individual needs
- Includes approaches to teaching from other styles or schools.
- Design Yoga class for Special Population ( basic seniors,pregnancy,children yoga safety).
- Qualities of a teacher and the student's process of learning, business skills.
- Injury prevention
- Business aspect of yoga.
Anatomy-Physiology (10 hours) 10 contact hours with Experienced Registered Teacher
Physical anatomy & physiology:
- Physiology of breathing
- Inversions and flexibility
- Anatomy of asana, alignment; movements
- Understanding key muscles of Hatha Yoga and their function.
- Yoga health benefits/contraindications must be covered in this section
- Fitness knowledge, components of physical fitness, bones, joints & common injuries, muscles and their actions
- Kinesiology of yoga asana, contraindications, movement patterns.
- astral, energy, subtle anatomy and physiology
Spiritual anatomy and physiology: chakras and its value, Physical and spiritual nadis, Kundalini power, aura etc.)
Psychology of Yoga and Spirituality ( 10 hours) – 10 contact hours with Experienced Registered Teachers.
- Pancha Koshas
- Chakras and nadis
- Karmaphal (types of karma,yogic karma and its fruit
- Bondage and liberation
Philosophy-Ethic-Lifestyle (15 hours) 15 contact hours with Experienced Registered Teachers.
- Study of influential texts including the Upanishadas(the origin books of Yoga), Sankhya Yoga philosophy, Bhagavad Gita, Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Shiva sanhita, Vijnana Bhairava Tantra etc
- Philosophy-Ethic-Lifestyle for yoga teachers, yamas and niyamas.
- Vegetarian yogic diet.
- Yogit daily routine
Practicum (20 hours) 20 contact hours with Experienced Registered Teachers.
- Teaching Practice
- Receiving feedback
- Observing others teaching and giving feedback.
- Mantra Chanting Practice
- Interaction with the gurus to clear droughts
- Teaching and assisting students in a class environment as well as observing and assisting in
classes taught by others.
- Includes advertising, business sense, promotion, insurance, health and safety.
May be contact or non-contact hours distributed among the six range of subjects above according to the school's yoga tradition and style.
Total 150 hours - Contact Hours 150