Nepal Yoga Teacher Trainings 200-Hour
We are proud to announce that Nepal Yoga Retreat is the first yoga alliance registered school in Nepal. Attracting people from all over the globe who want to learn from the Himalayas where the original classical yoga system originated from.
About the course
Our 200 Hour Teacher Training Course delivers a intimate comprehensive, theoretical and practical hands-on training program. Trainees emerge from our TTC as confident teachers with a strong and solid teaching skill set ready to begin their career. Alongside developing and perfecting the art of teaching, trainees also gain understanding of the practice of yoga asanas, philosophy, physiology, adjusting, mantra chanting, chakras, anatomy, ayurveda, mudras, pranayama and meditation and other traditional and contemporary Yoga techniques.
Our curriculum takes you through the essential elements required to deepen and enrich your own yoga practice and to teach students with confidence. Our expert team of teachers will guide you from the fundamental stages to teaching with ease.
Key features of the YTT course
- Fundamental principles of yoga
- Precautions of yoga practice
- Yogic ahar (diet)
- Yogic lifestyle for a yoga sadhak (practitioner)
- Sadhana (practice) sequence
- Anatomy and physiology
- Classical Knowledge (Traditional Understanding of Yoga Practice)
- How to apply Yoga to one’s life for maintaining peace, bliss and harmony
- Practical and Theoretical methodology
- How to develop personal yoga sadhana
- How to be a quality guru
- How to overcome obstacles in your yoga practice
Topics Covered in your 200 hours
• Prayer and mantra singing
• Satkarma- (cleansing techniques)
• Asana (postures):
• Body alignment and its importance in yoga
• Yoga safety guidelines
• Mudra and Bandha
• Pranayama (breathing)
• Dhyan (Meditation)
• Guided teaching practice
• Principles of demonstration
• Teaching styles
• The student's process of learning
• Business skills
• Setting up classes
• Communication skills
• Observation, assisting and correcting
Anatomy and physiology
• Physical anatomy & physiology
• Spiritual anatomy and physiology
• Studying of yoga philosophies and traditional texts
• Yogic diet, lifestyle and ethics
The trainee will be assessed on class participation, lesson planning, practicum, chanting, leading a workshop, will have to teach a philosophy lesson and on-going observations during classes by the teacher. Trainees will receive valuable feedback on their teaching practicums from both the teacher and students, and will be required to meet certain teaching standards regarding knowledge of anatomy, asana alignment, adjustments and communication.
Requirements to apply for the 200 Hour Teacher Training Course are an existing yoga practice, an open mind, commitment to learning, and motivation to become a worthy yoga teacher. Applicants with a beginner practice are welcome to apply for our training provided they can display a high level of self-discipline during the course as it is physically, mentally and spiritually demanding and also highly rewarding.
Sample daily schedule
|6:30||7:00||Satkarma and Tea|
|7:00||8:00||Chanting and Pranayama (Breathing Exercise)|
|17:00||18:30||Asana and Meditation practice|
Please note this schedule is changeable on request by the students. The students will get one day off per week (usually on a Sunday) but this can also be changed.
• Three delicious organic vegetarian/vegan meals a day and unlimited herbal teas (we do not supply caffeinated drinks)
• Accommodation for 27 nights
• One Ayurvedic massages
• One Ayurvedic Wooden Sauna
• Yoga text book, Manuals and note books
• Yoga alliance certificate. You can choose between Yoga Alliance USA or Yoga Alliance Australia.
• 13% VAT and 10% service charge
• Travel Expenses to and from the retreat including airfare, airport transfers
• Spending money for outings and day trips
• Travel and medical insurance is also recommend
• Laundry (available for extra charge)
Our spacious deluxe twin bamboo cottages are available for our guests. Rooms include two large single beds, fully equipped western style bathrooms including shower and toilet, warm bedding, fresh bed-sheets, wash towel, hand towel, toilet paper, hot water, shelving units and power outlet. All cottages have a beautiful view overlooking the Sanku valley. When attending the course all rooms will be shared unless requested to be private, where an extra charge will be applied. For full details visit Nepal yoga retreat. (Website of Nepal yoga retreat)
Dates and Prices
The Total price of 200hrs YTT is $1400
The Course start date is the 15th of every month and the duration of the course is 28 days (4weeks) Please book on time to avoid dissapointment. We will require a deposit of $200.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book .
What to bring?
The weather in the retreat varies from season to season. During the months of December, January and February it gets quite cold especially in the mornings and in the evenings. The summer (March – June) months are warm and breezy .The rainy season (July – September) will be warm weather with occasional rain showers. Nepal has an electricity ration and scheduled power cuts are often. So we recommend the following:
• Warm clothing for evenings and mornings (winter)
• Warm socks and hat (winter)
• Waterproof walking shoes and outdoor wear (winter and rainy season)
• Sandals for around the retreat
• A warm cardigan or blanket/shall for meditation
• A head lamp and batteries or flashlight
• Conservative dress for temple visits; Ideally cotton conservative dress for yoga (avoid crop tops and low cut tops, shorts, and see-through clothing)
• A refillable water bottle/thermos (drinking water and tea available on site)
• An open mind
• Personal medical kit
• Mosquito and bug repellants (summer and rainy season)
• Personal toiletries
• Your own yoga mat (question of personal preference) but we also supply them
• Yoga towel
• Extra highlighters, pens and a diary (we provide 1 notepad for lessons, a pen and a pencil as well as the manual)
We supply all bedding, towels, electrical heaters and extra blankets (during the winter) for the room.
What to expect here at the retreat.
As electricity is limited be mindful of what electronics to bring (small bandwith wifi available) but we do have electricity back up for the power cuts.
We operate a strict policy of no smoking alcohol or drugs. Abiding by Pantajalis 8 limbs of yoga, no violence, no swearing, no meat consumption. Respect, honesty, and truthfulness are expected by all, at the retreat; staff, guest, and students, towards one and other, the property and its surrounding wildlife.
As a student at the retreat, you will be considered a member of our community where everyone shares meals together on a fixed menu at fixed times. We try to accommodate our fellow students as best as we can by providing organic healthy vegetarian meals. Should you have medical dietary requirement please let us know in advance or alternatively bring with you what you may need (we do not serve meat nor fish nor eggs and all dairy is cow based) .
During class time we don't allow the use of mobile phone or any other electrical gadgets. We take time keeping seriously and will require you to be punctual throughout the course.